THE COST OF LOVING YOU: A BIRTHDAY MESSAGE TO MY WIFE

THE COST OF LOVING YOU: A BIRTHDAY MESSAGE TO MY WIFE
C. (2018)                   CHIBU NDUBUISI             31/05/2018    WEEK 22

           “The earth has music for those who listen” Shakespeare.
                ” This loving loving no be chop and go”    Tiwa Savage”


   As you advance in age gracefully, “Things Have Not Fallen Apart” with our union but many things have changed. Many waters have passed under the bridge. All the sweet things I told you are not what we seem to be experiencing. Many food items have disappeared from my breakfast table. I don’t have so much money to spare anymore for our adventures because pampers and sundry expenses have carried them all away. But your beautiful heart has not diminished in any way. My dreams for our union have expanded and your knowledge has equally increased in tenfold. It is not an easy road when travelling to heaven as a Christian hymn goes.

I have never done it this way before. I am far from home at the moment. I need to make this critical short term move for our long-term gain. But deep down in my heart, I can hear you chorusing a verse from Tiwa Savage hit song “All over” that “i am your baby for life,  that you want to wake up by my side and  we do crazy things together because it is me and you for life”. I appreciate.

The dreams of building a home of tolerance and acceptance, faith and possibilities have become as clear as the days progresses into weeks and weeks into months and months into years. On 3rd of April 2013, I performed the traditional rights of marriage as required by customs and norms of “Ndi Igbo” (the people of Igbo tribe in Nigeria). It is already five years of our marriage; however, the journey has not been easy.  It has not been a smooth ride because sometimes I was very broke financially but somehow we have managed to navigate the contours of every hard moment from very supportive family members. I appreciate them.
I have selected 32 pictures taken randomly from my archive to show you how we have metamorphosed, transformed and to promise you that the journey with you has been worthwhile.  I will still keep travelling down the road with you so that, we both can keep answering the questions of life that God has given us.

Who is honoured? Asked a Rabbi.  One who honours others is honoured. I use this medium to honour you and celebrate you. You make so much sense.

Happy birthday,  Chinazo!
Happy birthday,   Zomi!
Happy Birthday Engineer Nwanyi Ocha!
Happy Birthday the Fashion Designer!
Happy birthday, Mummy Kassy!
Happy birthday, Mummy Zimi!
Happy  birthday to My Wife!
Many more Productive Years.

Peace be with you.         




































































A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rising Africa: A Narrative of Hope. By Chibu Ndubuisi

RESIST ARREST

CURSED OR THE CAUSE.A LESSON IN MISCALCULATION AND MISADVENTURE. (1)