WORKING FOR THE FUTURE WE WILL NEVER SEE


WORKING FOR THE FUTURE WE WILL NEVER SEE
     © 2018      CHIBU NDUBUISI                     30/08/2018    WEEK 35


“Oh, I often sit and ponder when the sun is sinking low, where shall yonder future find me? -- Shall I be among the living? Shall I mingle with the free?
  Jennie Stout

Peace be upon you.
Jonathan Sacks averred that “There are rivers we will not cross, promised lands we will not enter, future we helped shape that we will not live see”. The world of today is not as a result of our singular effort. So much effort were put in by others who never lived to witness the manifestation of their dreams but believed that one day their little efforts would count towards making the world a better place. Hence, the track Heal the World by Michael Jackson, advises us to “

“Heal the world, Make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race”. 


Some missionaries died in Africa as a result of malaria but today their impact on the educational system cannot be downplayed.  Today Malaria will not have easily killed a missionary.  Some parents paid through their nose to give us a better future that will make us live responsibly with each other and contributing positively. Working for the future we will not see is about thinking on a generational timescale.

Abdication of responsibility of the present is not permitted. Tupac Shakur sang in his “Letter 2 My Unborn” that” To my unborn child... in case I don't make it Just remember daddy loves you” .  We equally must be bold and able to say to the future generations in deeds that in case I don’t participate in the future, just know that I played my part in healing a fractured world and contributing to humanity’s progress.

To all of you processing this information today, live responsibly and keep the contributions growing, endevour to end compromises that sabotages the future generations.

Peace be to you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rising Africa: A Narrative of Hope. By Chibu Ndubuisi

RESIST ARREST

CURSED OR THE CAUSE.A LESSON IN MISCALCULATION AND MISADVENTURE. (1)