PAUSE & EVALUATE

                                                         PAUSE & EVALUATE
 
                                 © 2018 CHIBU NDUBUISI 17/11/2018 WEEK 46


Peace be upon you.

We pause in life struggles when our health status becomes questionable or cannot carry us further. We are humans and subject to such occasional hiatus but this current digital age is making us believe in this phenomenon of 24/7 availability. You cannot be available 24/7 and make any meaningful contribution to your life and that of your community.
The interest for the discourse today is about a very passionate and incisive article written by Nwamaka Ogbonna about “How to get into a top graduate programme-my Oxford experience”( https://ogbonnanwamaka.com/…/how-to-get-into-a-top-graduate… ).


My first encounter with this beautiful mind was when I got an email from her that, they would like to have a discussion with me regarding my MSc thesis centered on the Tony Elumelu Foundation. After many correspondences, I was able to see Mr Tony Elumelu at his Heirs Holding Place. The rest as they say is history. However after going through that article, I was able to understand why she facilitated my invitation. In the article she made a very valuable insight for those who keep searching for jobs endlessly without result. She advises that” an organization does not necessarily need to have a job opening before you apply – sometimes you reach out and sell yourself” . I forwarded my thesis and was invited. She is definitely not in the majority who say there is no job.
 
Pause and evaluate about your sojourn so far.

Peace be upon you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rising Africa: A Narrative of Hope. By Chibu Ndubuisi

RESIST ARREST

CURSED OR THE CAUSE.A LESSON IN MISCALCULATION AND MISADVENTURE. (1)