LESSONS FROM GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN


LESSONS FROM GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN


© 2019                              CHIBU NDUBUISI                      WEEK 9 2019









Peace be upon you.

In this season of electioneering, I will draw from the archives, the words of former President Jonathan that remains instructive till this day and lessons we can learn from his understanding of life, not just politics.
The quotes are:
·         "I am the most abused and insulted president in the world, but when I leave office, you will all remember me for the total freedom you enjoyed under my government." 

·         My political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

·         In the comfort of our offices, let us not forget that majority of our people live below the poverty line.

·         Any society or country that closes the vital valves of its democratic space cannot develop at a reasonable pace.

·         Where there is no opportunity for one man one vote, there will be no accountability and no responsibility.

·         In presenting myself for service, I make no pretense that I have a magic wand that will solve all of Nigeria’s problems or that I am the most intelligent Nigerian.

·         I have come to launch a campaign of ideas, not one of calumny. I have come to preach love, not hate. I have come to break you away from divisive tendencies of the past which have slowed our drive to true nationhood. I have no enemies to fight. You are all my friends and we share a common destiny.

·         I believe in the politics of give and take.

·         Separation of power is not separation of government.

·         We are not sworn enemies… We are neighbours who sometimes offend each other, but can always sit down to talk over our differences.

·         I am loyal to Nigeria’s economy. I don’t have accounts or property abroad. All my children live and school in Nigeria

·         The best advertisement for good governance is its positive expressions of happiness in the lives of the governed.

·         In my early days in school, I had no shoes, no school bags. I carried my books in my hands but never despaired; no car to take me to school, but I never despaired. There were days I had only one meal but I never despaired. I walked miles and crossed rivers to school every day, but I never despaired. Didn’t have power, didn’t have generators, studied with lanterns, but I never despaired. In spite of these, I finished secondary school attended the University of Port Harcourt and now hold a doctorate degree.

Peace be to you.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RESIST ARREST

Rising Africa: A Narrative of Hope. By Chibu Ndubuisi

CURSED OR THE CAUSE.A LESSON IN MISCALCULATION AND MISADVENTURE. (1)