MILESTONES: MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS

MILESTONES: MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS
By Chibu Ndubuisi 11/09/2017
Peace be to you.
Today is my birthday. I have lived productively for a total of 12,882 days on earth. To get the age divide by 365 and you understand that the man is not getting younger. The reason I did this calculation is because of the bible verse of Psalm 90;12 that says “teach us to number our days that we may apply our heart to wisdom”. I am numbering my days now, and have come to realize that, it is the best way to “count your blessings”. When i look back, I only see the hand God with me. Moses saw God’s back at the mountain and not the front. To see God’s presence in your life just look back.
I set out this year by asking WHY? I got answers that unraveled many things to me and I started replacing probability thinking with possibility thinking. I learnt that some problems I had to pass through in life, was to increase my value. I learnt that the same hot water that hardens the egg softens the potatoes. I learnt that I can’t stop the storms of life but i can only calm myself to see what changes are happening in my life. I learnt that God does not pay wages, salaries or gives commission. He just pays with or without the necessary qualifications like the Neymar Jnr transfer fees proved.
I was saved from four near fatal road traffic crashes alone this year, but it is not the only story I am sharing. I have never been so connected in my life like this year. I am a married man to a beautiful woman and a father of two (a boy and girl). I am an uncle of nine grandchildren and expecting one as of writing this note.
I am so happy seeing so many friends transiting to married men ( Mr Charles Raphaels, Mr John Nd Michael, Mr Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo , Mr Yamusa Innocent , Mr JohnPaul Okoye , ) and many more too numerous to mention. Ichie Fason Afam Frankline , Mr Okaforcha Chidi JC, Mr Izuchukwu 'Pokar' Onwuegbusi Izuchukwu 'Pokar' Onwuegbusi, Mr Prince Justice Obi Ifemsnna Mr Tony-iyke Ubah , Mr David Chimela and Mr Obi 'Chuks' Chukwuneke are all warming up from the bench, please, don’t give up. So many ladies are now mothers, Obaji Nkechii I hail, Adaobi Okani Somto-Onuchukwui , May Oduma and many more. I am so happy that many are queuing in line. It makes sense. Mr Chukwudi odoms just became a father. Mr Jide Onuigbo is becoming a MAYWEATHER well-done.
I got to realize that “many people spend months planning a holiday but little time planning a life”. I started blogging this year because I know that I am born to teach ; teaching is my calling, so technology offered me the platform to fulfill that calling through my weekly post on my blog at www.chibundubuisi.blogspot.com. But I still have a dream of building a school. I need partners to help realize the goal. I like what Mrs. Eleojo Jennifer Amuneni is doing with her “love Court Page” keep the contribution coming. i thank the group Enyiukwu Brethren.
I am writing down this note because I am “Happy For No Reason” as the title of a book suggest but grateful for many reasons. When I checked out in the dictionary for the definition of milestone it says “a very important stage or event in the development of something and a stone by the road side that shows how far it is to the next town and to other places”.
I met Mr Tony Elumelu, CON, the Chairman of UBA and HEIRS HOLDINGS and the proponent of Africapitalism, he told me well done Chibu Ndubuisi, regarding my MSC thesis on his foundation’s work. At that point, I realized the meaning of the bible verse proverbs 22;29 “ behold a man diligent in his work, he will dine with kings and not paupers”. For me, it was a big milestone covered.


I am witnessing the manifestation of God’s faith in me that, I am not a product of chance. I have pledged to live a life of no more excuses like the Buhari APC government that keeps blaming the former Jonathan PDP government for their APC failures.
I learnt a very important African philosophy called “Ubuntu”. It simply means that we are first and foremost social beings, and that a person is a person through other people or as the African proverb says “One finger cannot pick up a grain.” Ubuntu is, at the same time, a deeply personal philosophy that calls on us to mirror our humanity for each other".
Let keep striving to make the world a better place.
I wish myself and Mr. Fidelis Francis (Anukporonkunejuonu) my birthday mate many more productive years.
I also commiserate with the families that lost their beloved ones on September 11 2001 terrorist attack. The game of peace is bigger than the teams of war.
.
“WE MUST ALL COME TOGETHER AS A TEAM TO FIGHT THE BIGGEST WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION WHICH IS THE HATE IN OUR SOULS”
Peace be with you all

Comments

  1. Maazi.This is deep. I congratulate you brother. You have always recited Psalm 90 vs 12 more than I can remember during university says and I am glad you number and value your days.. I am also proud you have found and embraced your calling/purpose.. for it is a blessings indeed to live a purpose driven life.. unlike some of us who are yet to find our purpose. May the good Lord continue to guide you and may his blessings never depart from you and your household this day and always. God bless you maazi. And may we continue to enjoy the blessings of celebrating one another even after our hairs turn grey and our knees become weak and feeble. God bless you maazi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rising Africa: A Narrative of Hope. By Chibu Ndubuisi

RESIST ARREST

CURSED OR THE CAUSE.A LESSON IN MISCALCULATION AND MISADVENTURE. (1)